April 21, 2021

William Hill’s Caesars takeover approved by UK Court

William Hill’s Caesars takeover approved by UK Court

London-based bookmaker William Hill’s takeover of Caesars’ Entertainment was finally approved following a hearing last month. The bookmaker said that the terms of the joint venture between the two firms were not adequately disclosed by them last year. HBK had not approved of the scheme of arrangement for the 2.9 billion pounds ($4 billion) agreement.

Despite the concern raised by HBK around disclosures about the deal, the British court approved William Hill’s takeover by U.S. Caesars, which had agreed to buy the group in September last year.

William Hill said, “the scheme is likely to become effective on April 22 after the court permitted it following a hearing last month, and shares of William Hill are expected to be delisted from the London Stock Exchange.”

© Copyright 2019. Casino Ad.
Translate »